Monday, July 25, 2005

So write already!

Sheesh, I'm not doing too well here, am I. All week, I've been meaning to write about the latest news. There have been some changes to our itinerary. The original plan was for us to fly from Seattle to San Francisco, then make the big leap across the ocean to Hong Kong. After a few hours layover in Hong Kong, we'd then fly to the capitol city for some orientation. Then, a few days later, we'd make the flight to our new home. It was a good itinerary, though I had been secretly hoping that we would have gotten a train ride in there, as we did when we adopted Bunnah, all those years ago.

So, anyway, like I said, plans have been changing. You see, the school is picking up the tab for in country travel, so they have control over how we travel. I guess the airfare was too expensive, so we got word that the new plan was for them to pick us up in he capitol and drive us to the school. That was somewhat good news, as I would get the chance to see the countryside as we did on the train. (There is no train option in this case--at least according to the map I have.) The only drawback was that the trip would take about nine hours. Then a couple of days later, we get word that the school might not be able to fit the four of us plus our luggage into any of their vehicles. So we may end up taking a sleeper bus, much like this one. (Michael Manning, the photographer and blogger, is my hero. I want my blog to be like his when it grows up.)

So what does the future hold? How will we get to our new home? I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm going to make sure I've got film and batteries for my cameras.