Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blocked


100_2071
Originally uploaded by Yuek Hahn.
It may have been a blip in your newspaper, but internet access here in China has been limping along ever since the earthquake in Taiwan severed some undersea cables. Actually, I should clarify that. Accessing sites in China has been no problem. It's getting to the sites located overseas that's been problematic. Of course, that hits this poor, ignorant foreigner right where he lives. For the first few days it was annoying, because it hampered our e-mailing. Ironically enough, we were able to make do with an older e-mail account that is nowhere near as sophisticated as Yahoo. But that's old news. Our access to Yahoo improved after about a week, so e-mailing is back to normal. Other sites, however, such as Blogger, are still misbehaving. Up until now, that's only been a minor nuisance. I really haven't felt like writing much. Now, however, it's getting old. Foolishly, I don't have the address I need to post via e-mail. I had it written down in my calendar, but I lost that on my journey back to China. So my only alternative to waiting is this attempt to post via Flickr, which is working for me. If you're reading this, it means that it works.