Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Brother can you spare a job?

The haze of jet-lag has faded and a new week has started. Time to work. I made my first attempt at finding employment today, namely calling my old boss. Actually, I should be honest. I tried to call him last Thursday, but was informed that he was out until today. Today he was in the office, but not at his phone. I left a voice mail and then hung around the house avoiding using the phone line so I could be ready to answer the phone if he called back. As of 5 pm, he hasn't. I tried calling twice more during the day, but got the same voice mail message. sigh. I hate job searching. No matter how many times I read about being proactive and using good sales techniques to sell myself I feel like a nuisance. Maybe that's why I've gotten the two major jobs of my career through the want ads. Ah, well. At least I had time to tweak the resume and do some budgeting. Now I know how small a salary I can accept when I get desperate.