Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Greetings from the East

I've been in China about a week now. Internet time and access hasn't been the greatest. That's why I'm attempting to post this via Flickr. (I won't be able to tell if this posts, as Blogspot is blocked in China.) Hopefully soon we'll get our apartment hooked up and I can figure out how to write without posting unnecessary photos.

What more can I say? It's exciting but a lot of work. Finding and purchasing a screwdriver today was a major accomplishment. The first few days were nice since we stayed at a hotel and had a number of fellow teachers to lead us by the hand. Now, we've gone to our respective stations and the Hamburger clan is reduced to incessantly bothering our vice dean (a wonderful guy) or trying to figure it out ourselves. Work, work, work. Oh, well at least it takes our mind off of the rental situation. And we get to see water buffalo out of our back window. Can't beat that.

Update: Well, it's tomorrow and I logged onto blogger just fine. I'm attempting to edit this post, to get rid of the picture and see what happens. Next I'll have to try to figure out how to read the comments.