Friday, April 28, 2006

Anybody home?

Maybe you've wondered what happened to me. (Or maybe you just shrugged and clicked the "Next Blog" button.) I don't know. I've been meaning to write but, well, life just was busy and I was just lazy.

Kunming was fun, albeit a whirlwind trip. The bus arrived an hour late, about 8:00 am, which left us an hour and a half before we had to be at our first meeting. We got to the hotel, checked in and headed straight to the breakfast buffet. Mmmm, those noodles have never tasted better. One of our colleagues also came down for breakfast, so we were able to touch base with her. After breakfast, we headed upstairs and were able to put down our suitcases and brush our teeth before the meeting.

The rest of the weekend was nice but unremarkable: a couple of meetings, a handful of meals together and a bit of shopping. We did have a corporate outing to a new zoo in town. But that's tomorrow's post. Sunday evening we headed back to the bus station for a sleeper bus ride home. That bus left two hours late, yet we managed to get home only an hour after we were supposed to. (Or maybe the travel time officially changed from 12 to 13 hours? I don't know, I'm illiterate here.) We got home, Yau Neih hit the shower (she had a ten o'clock class), and I hit the food vendors. My buckwheat pancake tasted even better than the noodles. But then, it's pretty hard to top the Pancake Lady.