Friday, August 11, 2006

Winding down

There's a definite change in the air. We've accomplished most of our major goals for this summer. The folks have been here and gone. The painting's all done. We still have some visiting to do, a shopping trip and a (ugh) dental appointment, but there's a definite lack of pressure. There are few all-day events left on the schedule. What's left is a bunch of puttering. I even took some time the other day to sort through a few folders on my hard drive--a task I have neglected all year. It's, I don't know, odd, I guess. I can't recall the last time life was this leisurely. Maybe I had a day or two the the last time I visited Illinois. Part of me feels like I should try to do something. Of course, the best thing to do is probably to enjoy the next couple of weeks stateside and get ready to head back to China. That or try to think up something interesting to blog about.