Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bleah

I suppose I should start posting about our trip over this past week's May holiday. But I need to find time to type. There have many tasks that have clamored for my attention this week. Alas, I fear such will be my life for the next seven weeks. (Seven weeks! Ah, the time is flying...) Emotionally, the biggest task is starting the job search. I was quite aware going in that I would need to find work fast once we returned. But knowing what's ahead and actually sitting down to write that resume are two different experiences. I really dislike the whole self promotion thing, so I end up writing resumes and cover letters with gritted teeth. Ofttimes I end up writing two or three parodies of the thing before I hammer out the final version. (Hmmm, maybe I should post them here.)(Hmmmm, maybe I should do nothing of the sort until I'm safely secure in a job.)

Anyway, I seem to be running out of steam on this blog. (I know, I have a great talent for stating the obvious.)(Either that or I have picked up the Chinese habit of stating the obvious as a greeting.) I suppose I could blame the fact that this China venture is winding down. Of necessity, my thoughts are turning homeward. What do we need to do when we get back to America? What preparations can we make while we're still here? Are there any loose ends in our life here that we need to tie up? (Besides giving away my Mandarin copy of Batman Begins.)(Did I ever mention that? I bought a VCD of Batman Begins only to discover that it had no English soundtrack or subtitles.)(I watched it anyway and knew enough of the Batman legend that I had little problems following the plot.) It's nothing new and exciting, nothing that invites deep or even humorous contemplation. Perhaps my blog addiction is going the way of my message board addiction? Or maybe two years is the time for a blog's mid-life crisis? So many questions, so few answers.
***
(P.S. I should mention here that I cleared up the PayPal thing. Now can I not only get another year as a Flickr pro but I can also go buy things on eBay... not that I really have a desire to at present.)