Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bored


100_0356
Originally uploaded by Yuek Hahn.
Ah, what to write, what to write? I seem to be in the doldrums here, creatively and emotionally. The other day I ended up poring over my iPhoto library to find all the shots that I might want to put up on Flickr, but haven't yet. (I posted this one here because I can and I haven't had a picture here in a while.) While I was going through orientation they mentioned that the best time to take pictures is when you first get here, since everything is new and exciting. I think I've definitely passed that stage. We went "exploring" today and I didn't take out the camera once. Ah, well.

I think another factor in all this is that school is out. For the past few months, campus life is practically all we know. Now comes the semester break and everybody takes off for somewhere else. Now what do we do?... Ha! Listen to me. "We." My students are still here. So are the dishes and the laundry. I shouldn't be bored. But my social life is essentially the weekly English corners, so I guess that explains it. Anyway, I suppose if we want to interact with folks, we'll have to leave this little bubble we call campus and maybe meet some of the other folks in this town. But that might actually take some effort.

Ah, enough rambling. I should go to bed. I've got to interact with a bank teller and ticket agent tomorrow.